"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mini Palouza Parade Pics

She was the best horse in the parade. Of course I am biased, but .....seriously.....We were able to go up to the kids lined on the street and let them pet her, what a great way to introduce horses to kids. She let a bunch of kids help get her ready and take her for walks. One kid was trying to gain confidence with animals, and we couldn’t get rid of him!


He took her for a few walks and gave her a bunch of cookies. I am so proud of her! She wasn’t bothered by any of the bows, bells or antlers…..and she was a perfect ANGEL, and I think she would make a wonderful therapy pony. She loved all the attention. So if anyone knows anyone who is looking for a therapy pony…..here is your girl! Not bad for a rescue, who kicked all the ASPCA investigators knee caps off! That is why I picked her out of the 13 that were siezed that day. 




Being the oldest, at 12yo, and the rest 1-4ys old, I figured she would be the hardest to place, and the most set in her ways and harder to train.  Of course she passed OLL2 with a 2++ 6 weeks later....but hey, can I help it if I'm gooooood....Just kidding.....better than what they gave her.....they had spray painted them all with letters to identify them, since they were all black.  She got the letter "B".....and they meant it!  When I asked if she was pregnant....the investigator said the stud would have had to be pretty ballsie to mount a #$%^& like her!
We still have no baby over a year later....and the way she treated my friends stud today...I'd say she was right!  More pics on my website click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!