"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Friday, November 5, 2010

DVD Review: ***** Water Hole Rituals: Carolyn Resnick

WOW! What can I say…..WOW! I have already blogged about my experiences to date, using the WHR’s quite a bit, so the fact that I am using them happily should be a good review in and of itself. So I will just break down the dvd’s here. I think these are a MUST for the upper level Parelli student. The WHR’s are the missing ‘game’ from the Parelli program. You can liken them, to being expanded ‘undemanding time’, ‘catching game’, and a great way to make your liberty REALLY strong. If you are having difficulties with respect/dominance issues with your Left brain horse, or just can’t make the trust break thru with your Right brain horse that you were hoping for, this just may be the answer you have been seeking.

Liberty Training: **** 

dvd is OLD, and she has refined and expanded, added and deleted since then. But I think the dvd is worth watching, IF you also get the "intro" dvd that is current. It has a great demonstration of how to “meet” a horse for the first time, and how to inspect his space, a GREAT demo of “taking territory”, and some interesting body language ideas in there. I would recommend it as a supplement for sure.  And a great dvd for getting a taste of what the rituals are all about about.  But do not stop at this dvd, you MUST go on to the next quickly as this is just a 'taste' not a how to.



Introduction to the Water Hole Rituals: *****

AWESOME…..OMG, we all should be doing this. The herd may play 7 games, but only the leader plays #8. If you don’t at least know about these rituals, you are really missing out on a lot. This is the enhancement, the something extra, the something special, that is missing in the new Parelli program. She really explains how horses do these rituals of sharing time, space and journey’s together. It is an awesome way to learn how to BE with your horse. This is a MUST see. You need not be an upper level student to watch them, nor to start them.  Any student can and will benifit from them.  And if you have been having trouble.....well lets just say, if you don't at least watch it....the day you finally do, you will kick yourself for not watching them sooner! Consider this episode one of a must have addition to your library.

Panadero’s Journey: *****

Consider this episode 2. A must have. Has a little more depth and examples of the rituals. But I would not start with this dvd.  This is something that I wish I would have had a LONG time ago!





Waterhole reflections: ***

This is simply video of free roaming horses and foals set to new age music. It is to get you in a very spiritual place with your self so you don’t take you troubles to the barn with you. If you are strapped for time, it is not a must do, you can always get an i-pod and play new age relaxing music while you hang with your horse. If you are in a bad mood, this is a great way to detox before sharing your ills with your horse and causing him to need to detox too!

for more info click here to go to her site

Savvy On
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Just found out that Giddyupflix is shipping to Canada now. And this one is in the mail. Woot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah Peter! You will not regret it, trust me. The level of education in her dvd's, is of the volume we have become accostom to with parelli. top notch, you will not be disapointed. you and your girls will enjoy!
    Savvy On
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!