"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Saturday, June 5, 2010

I win...I win....the cones are mine....ALL MINE!

Well, after that tragic display of the most hideous horsemanship ever, the battle of the cones is resolved again.  Hopefully it lasts this time...though I doubt it.  Rose is highly intelligent, and with my level on inadequacy right now, it will be easy for her to smell my weakness, when ever it crops  up.  Anyways, our next play session was thursday night.  She was an angel!  Boy she cantered around light as a feather.  It felt good.  I am getting a good handle of the 45' line too.  I have only used it a handful of times, and am quite impressed with how quickly it is becoming a part of me, like the 22' is.  Now I ain't getting crazy here, I did get my foot caught in a coil once.  Luckily I am in perfect control of my horse (wink sneer) that I was safe, and able to get my foot out unharmed!  We played with more zone 5 driving with one rein, and I think I may start up again with two reins, now that I am getting the feel of the 45'.  I so badly want to tape my Online L3, but I just don't know if we are ready.  I know it will be a long time before I am satisfied with the quality of my skills, but for the sake of the "fear makeover" I feel this strong push to do so.  More like a desire.  Again desire hasn't been my friend for a while.  And now that we are getting reacquainted, I don't know how to proceed.  I am in uncharted water here, as far as the fear is concerned.  I have been consumed with nothing but DESIRE since age 2.  It is a frightening feeling being without it.  It is strange and foreign, though I have become accustomed to it's sensations since my return after the accident.  For a long time, the desire was there, but since I couldnt' physically do ANYthing, I hadn't run into my nemesis.....FEAR.  Once I met her.....desire split like a rat from a snake house!  So I have been attempting snake removal....but it has been so hard.  Anyways.....blah blah blah....I have been so depressed and nostalgic this week.  I need to shake it!

Today is bath day again for Cha'Cote and who ever else I have the energy for.  It is hot out, so I plan to wait till later to play with the horses.

Savvy On
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!