"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Saturday, January 29, 2011

Would you want to be YOUR horse?

Or how about someone elses horse?  Thinking back on the Ray Hunt dvd that I watched, the FtWorth benifit.  Was the colt start with about 30-40 horses.  I stated in my review, that I was less than impressed with alot of what was going on with those colts.  But it really struck me this morning, thinking about being able to see so many being done at the same time with so many different techniques that I thought to my self......which horse would I want to be.  "Would I want to be the horse assigned to 'that' guy......or 'that' guy?"  I quickly got this flash......too many times I said to myself...."I wouldn't want to be that horse, or that one, or that one...." unfortunately I said it ALOT.  But I can say, I didn't say it about them all....so that is good news.  There were definately a few that I could say...."I wouldn't mind being that guys horse"

So what do you think your horse might say about you?  Do you think he sits there wishing he could be 'that' guys horse, instead of yours?  If you think he might be secretely wishing he was someone elses horse.....maybe you ought to think about why he might feel that way, and do something about it.  I know there have been times MY horses probably wished I wasn't thier human.  But I feel I am on the right track now, as I have ditched a few techniques, and added a few more, that the horses seem to appreciate...and I am seeing a difference.  What more can I ask of myself......never ending self improvement for sure.

Something to think about.
Savvy On
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!