"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Sunday, January 16, 2011

DVD Review:**** Cynthia Royal ~ Horse Talk: Relationship

Cynthia Royal~Horse Talk~Relationship ****

This is the HOW of her liberty method.  The how of the 'rituals'. It is VERY detailed, and layed out in a methodical, easy to understand format.  This is again like the Resnick WHR's, but there is ALOT of details and video footage of the HOW to do things.  Lots and lots of examples from new to the method horses to seasoned experienced horses.

For all you upper level parelli students looking for some upper level support.  Here ya go, this stuff is sure to launch your Liberty into the next stratesphere. I am still waiting for the 'day two' disk to be available from her live clinic set, at the same time I am getting a new dvd from my que.

As I search for upper level support, I am noticing that there are few who DO upper level freestyle and liberty, thus making the parelli program a hard hard act to follow.  BUT...it is out there, you just gotta sort thru some rif raf to find it.  Lucky for you, am doing that, and sharing the results.  So there are few who do liberty, who have dvd's, that are educational.  So far, Carolyn Resnick and Cynthia Royal, are leading a VERY small pack, and if you have to chose, I would say you cannot go wrong with either of them.  As with the WHR's, if this is a direction you want to go, and you choose Cynthia, I would get her clinic dvd's first, so you can hear the "why's", and then follow up with this dvd for the "how's".

There is a difference between Carolyn and Cynthia.  Cynthia is a performer, who puts on a spectacular show....for Carolyn it is just a way of life.  Cynthia does not do alot of teaching, other than to new trainers in her crew for the show.  Carolyn teaches and trains to people everywhere.  Regardless, they are very similar, and if you want to REALLY understand how horses interact with each other, you can't go wrong with either of them, and would only benifit you twice as much to view both women educational material.

I think every person interested in horse behavior should watch these, so she gets a big fat 4*'s on this one!

Think, act and behave like the 'leader' and you can't go wrong.

Savvy On
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I've been kicking around purchasing Cynthia Royals program. Thank you for the review, it was quite insightful. I am going to take a look at the rest of your site. Just so you know I am not a spammer here is my blog link. :)
    http://wwfbison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!