"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Friday, April 30, 2010

Jason and a Porcupine

Jason and Spirit are doing fantastic. He is using more line in obstacles/patterns such as pedestal and fig 8. Using a cone helped with the pedestal, making him stay behind it. For the fig 8 last night I took a savvy string, made a loop on the ground, and told him he had to keep one foot in it. By golly he figured it out. It is becoming clear, that if I give him a task with markers and just tell him the task, he works out the ‘how” himself. I don’t have to do a whole lot of ‘technique” explaining to him. He figured out on his own, and quickly I might add, that he had to let the rope slide through his hand in order for Spirit to have enough line to make it around the cone. They did lateral flex great, and we added porcupine to the front and back end. Oh geez, I am going to have to get in there and work that one out with Spirit on the hind end. Clearly I didn’t teach him that. But Jason was able, with a long phase 4, to wait it out for one step, and then rub it away. Front end was pretty easy, though it was more of a circle than a turn on the haunches. The more we practice though the better they will get. Spirit is a forwardaholic for sure. He is very hard to get to back up. While he will take a step or two in yo-yo with a phase 1 or 2. In the trot-stop-back up….it is a big ‘heck no’ for him. We are working on his confidence, because if we get a good back up, we lose the trot on the next go. So for now, what we have is this. Trot, stop and rub, then back up anyway we can, then lots of rubbing. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.




Snookie’s boo boo is better, but still healing, and everyone else is good. Cha’cote is getting really good at coming to the gate to be pet before being let out, and he is fantastic at coming in for dinner. Last night, he was down in the ditch behind his shelter when I came with the hay. I called to him, he looked up, watched me for a few steps, and then trotted thru the ditch, jumped into the yard and was over my shoulder by the time I was at his gate. I let him snatch a bite of hay as we walked through his stall, and said my good nights to him. He’s my friend now!

Savvy On

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!