"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Thursday, April 1, 2010

well....it's raining.....again!

Well Shucks. I have done nothing this week so far with the horses. Monday was a bad day at work. BAD DAY. One of my clients…..6yo son….was wandering in the office during our interview, and stole my boss’s cel phone. My boss was going ballistic, as I would have too, but we have all been warned about not leaving personal items on our desks, in plain sight and unattended. She blamed me, in not so many words, prior to knowing for sure who stole it. As hard as it was, I called my client and asked her to check to see if her son took it. Sure enough he did, and promptly returned it. We all, I’m sure, can appreciate how wonderful it is to get a lost phone back, as we all know….the “contacts” IN the phone are more valuable than the phone itself. So when I got little to no ‘thanks”…..I was a little hurt. I know, playing with your horse is the worst thing you can do when you are in a really bad mood, so I didn’t. I did, however, have a little undemanding time with Cha’Cote after grazing, and for the first time ever……….he got into being scratched. He was so cute. His lip all tight and quivering, head bobbing all over the place and reaching for my arm to return the favor. I politely told him “no thanks, I don’t itch”. He got so into it, he started rocking back and forth. I think at one time his eyes even rolled back in his head! I scratched for about 10 min, till my arms felt like they were going to fall off, and not once did he stop showing his gratitude and enjoyment of my affections. COOL!So yesterday it rained……..AGAIN…… and the ground is slick and suppose to be raining all week. BUMMER. Today is payday and I plan on getting some step in posts so I can construct a small play pen and start on some liberty play time with both Rose and Cha’Cote so that I can get my L3 Liberty audition sent in. I have to reiterate that I love the new audition process. I love that I can now include all of my horses in the journey, and not have everything invested in ONE “levels horse”. I can appreciate the power and usefulness of taking one horse thru all the levels. But if something happens to your levels horse, a lot of time that was invested in that horse is lost. And if it is your only horse, your screwed. Now, I have the ability to concentrate on different areas with each horse. And while, each will get it all in the end, my education is getting the growth it needs right now, and each of my horses is getting quality educational time with me as I have it to spare, right now. It is hard when you have 5 horses. To give each of them the time they deserve. I would be really upset right now if something happened to Rose. I have a lot of time and heart invested in her. She is my Liberty QUEEN and ultimately my perfect partner. I have enough of the whole spooking thing with Snookie over the years, and I am so done with that. That’s what is so awesome about Rose…no Spook. Love it. So it is suppose to rain the rest of the week. Big sigh. So we shall see, what, if anything, I can get accomplished.Just want to say a special thanks to everyone who finds my blathering interesting enough to return for more.
Savvy On
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!