"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Itches, Boo Boo's, and a Princess

Well this week is going to be lack luster. Last night, after getting hay and unloading it, I noticed Snookie needed some doctoring of a boo boo, and with impending rain for the rest of the week, I had some horsey chores to do. Jason left right after I got home to go to boy scouts. So I turned the horses out, picked up Cha’cote’s poo, and grabbed a halter for Snookie. 1 boo boo, turned out to be 2. It took me a while to get all the dried blood off, then some medicine, a good bandaging and she was set for a curry session. She is shedding in such an odd manner. I know it is due to her age. One hip had clumps coming out, the other hardly any hair at all. I just curried her two days ago. She looks so pathetic. Poor old gal. Once done, I set my sights on Cha’cote and he was so into it. He is so cute, he stretched out like a morgan horse at a show, and rocked back and forth while I scratched his withers. When I stopped, he turned and nudged me! And his new game it definitely to try and grab a bite of hay while following me into his pen at bed time! This is a big step with him. While the game might get annoying…..I will let it progress, as he is finally PLAYING something! While grazing, the neighbor had some friends over, and I heard someone say “Ok you can stand by the fence, but for just a minute, it’s almost time to go”. I look over and see a darling little 4yo, princess prancing to my fence. I offered for them to come over and pet the horses. I didn’t need to hear her ask her dad…..it was obvious what she wanted. So they came in, and Cha’cote was the first to oblige her first time EVER to pet a horse. She was bouncing out of her skin, and I was proud of him that it did not bother him at all. Rose came over and sniffed the top of her head when I had her crouch down with me, and she giggled to high heaven that the horse was kissing her like her dog! Snookie was pleasant as well, but Spirit and Miyagi wanted nothing to do with us, grazing was just too good! As she left, she asked if she could come and meet me again. I told her “No, you can only meet someone once. But you can visit me anytime time you want.” Her face lit up like a Christmas tree.


Savvy On

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!