"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Monday, May 3, 2010

First Bath EVER! at OneTrueMedia.com

Finally, Cha’Cote got his first bath ever. 10yrs of dirt and grime washed away. He was sooo oily. When I would pet him, I would have this dried sweat/dirt/oil film left on my hand. Not the normal teeny tiny film. Thick grungy film. I have been waiting for this for months. I have to say that having a lot of horses, by myself, I have gotten spoiled and lazy with my EZ-ALL soap foamer. Kinda have to do something with 5 horses to take care of. It has been so long, (4-5yrs) since I had given a good ‘ole fashioned, labor intensive scrub…I forgot it even existed. He jumped out of his skin when the first drop of water hit him, but with good approach and retreat, he was standing still in no time. So good infact that I got the foamer, attached it to the hose and tried that. Heck NO! He saw the white foam building on the ground, and he bailed hard and fast. I of course just let him go. Can’t risk further damage to my arms, neck or back. Poor guy, he ran strait in to his pen. All the other horses followed him in there and the wind shut the gate on them. He didn’t want to come back out. So we had to play friendly/squeeze with his gate. He reluctantly came back up to the house. I showered him with carrots, and scratched my head. I can’t believe I had to do that. How stupid not to think of just rubbing him down with soap. What a moron. When it dawned on me, I coulda died. I had my gloves on, so I just poured soap on them, and massaged it around his neck, mane, shoulders, back, top of rump and front of face. Places I figured I could rinse it out of easily. He got to a point where he actually explored putting his muzzle in the water spray himself. And stood still for several minutes while I got pretty close with the hose. I couldn’t be more proud of him, and pleased with my training, and with God for creating such a beautiful being. He shined up like a very, very dark (not chocolate) palomino. But prettier! I got some detangler out and rubbed it in his mane, and the remainder on my hands on his face neck and shoulders. His mane was gleaming. And he is so soft and slick now. I can’t wait to get my hands on his tail. I know it is crème colored too, but since having space and access to mud all winter, it is no longer pretty and flaxen. Oh I am so excited, he will be sooo pretty all summer long!

Savvy On
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!