"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Monday, May 17, 2010

Jason and Sniff THAT!

Jason did wonderful Friday night. I did as planned and hid carrots all around the yard. Explained to Jason the “rules” of the “send”. It took Spirit a few tries, but he finally got the idea that Jason was sending him to something cool. UNTIL we got to the trailer. Even though he sniffed and found the carrots on the tire fenders and running boards, he would not sniff to find it in the back door. He would just jump in, turn around and then eat the carrot. I guess having a pony who is afraid of the trailer, not refusing to get in, even when an 11yo kid is loading him, isn’t such a bad thing. We made several attempts, but he refused to even look at the carrot until he was IN the trailer. So this got me thinking. He obviously isn’t THINKING his way INTO the trailer. He is REACTING his way in.


So I had Jason start yo-yo-ing him up to and back away from the trailer, NOT letting him actually get into it. Voila! He sniffed the trailer, ate the carrot and then jumped in. That was all I was going to have them do for the day. But Jason insisted on doing his list. They ran through all the tasks, doing each of them a little better than last time. His sideways is coming together well. Using the pole gave Jason and Spirit the visual they needed to not go forward. They did not play again over the weekend due to a sleep over and the pool! Tonight he has Scouts and it is suppose to rain, so they will probably get back to it tomorrow or Wednesday.



As for me, I didn’t do anything but give EVERYONE a bath on Saturday. My arms were like limp noodles when I was done. Cha’Cote was a DREAM. He barely moved at all. I was quite proud of him. Snookie, Cha’Cote and Miyagi all had to roll when I was done. Rose never rolls. I guess she just likes to be clean. Spirit for some reason didn’t roll either. Not like him, but he was a glistening white so I didn’t care!



I have some hoof care to get done on Snookie and Rose, so I doubt I will get much done till that is complete. Sighs…..lots of chores to do….Always!

Savvy On

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!