"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Saturday, August 8, 2009

Starting Status Finesse

HMMM...good question. I know what I know, and I know what my horses know. At the moment it is way more than we can DO. I have been "in the saddle" once in the last year.....MAYBE twice. Before the car accident, Rose and I were finally making progress and starting to canter a few strides before she would buck. It took me almost a year with Rose to get over the confidence issues I created in myself when starting Jueli the bucking horse. Rose being a LBE, and VERY defensive about saddling when I bought her back, we just needed lots of time together for us both to get over our issues. Of course the parelli program was instrumental in overcoming those issues. I may just pay to have someone ride her a couple of times in canter to get thru it. I havn't made up my mind on that one yet. Baby steps for now. Of course I can do all this stuff (knowledge wise) with Snookie. The biggest hurdles with her will be a bit, I have not ridden her in a bit for about 4yrs. She never liked them but tolerated them. No money for a cradle bridle yet. And also the flying lead changes. Her hip and hock issues may keep her from being able to do them. Together we are a the equivalent to a nursing home. Not the stuff dreams are made of. BUT.....and this is a big BUT....Snookie was my first horse of my very own (apricot really was but I only hima year before he passed away) A Young dumb teenager, I bought her off the track. She is an EXTREME RBE. She has taught me alot over the years, and originally I didn't want to use her for my assessments because I felt it was cheating the NH experience. I wanted my assesments to be from a horse that I started from the beginning naturally. Well now that she is getting on in years, and starting to have her senior moments, I was thinking that it would only be fair to her to be a big part in my passing level 4 PNH. Why not? Regardless of how I taught her what she knows, it was still me who taught it to her. No one else. It is still my knowledge and skills. So I am planning to pass my finesse with her. I would hate for her to pass away and not be a part of PNH journey "officially". I used to ride her bridless before PNH. She wore a bridle, I just didn't use it. So my first step I have planned for my Finesse is to get us both in shape. I have started hill therapy with her, why not, I live on a hill! And I am trying to get a theraflex pad for her. Her withers are so high I don't know if my gel pad will be enough anymore. So I will post as we start to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!