"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring is in the air, Cha'Cote is in LOVE

What a great weekend. Didn’t get to play with them yesterday as I was helping my dad move, but on Saturday….what a great day. First I let the herd graze and run around having their fun in the sun. Rose and Cha’cote fell in love over his fence. It was nice to see him interact with another horse. He was biting her and playing, and she would turn around for him to smell her, and he did. Then he would give the stallion smile. She would take of and come back 5 min later to start it all again.
I played with Rose on line and we did great. No huge issues on my part. I played extreme friendly in zone 5 and, I’m not sure, but I think she fell asleep. It was at that moment I remembered just how much I enjoy this horse. She isn’t spooky, she is smart, very athletic, very charismatic….with a touch of evil to keep me on my toes. We played with the elements needed to pass L3 online. One of which is cantering. Almost got one full lap out of her each way. She is not confident cantering in my yard, across the gravel driveway into slick mud, and I cannot blame her. So we took it real slow. Even though she has no problem galloping on her own around the whole yard! After a ‘pre audition check”, the only thing we need to play with to tape OLL3 is the cantering. We did everything else straight away. With the sun going down later now, and no rain predicted for the week. The yard should be dry enough to canter all week.
So while I was playing with Rose I let Cha’Cote out for the first time with everyone to graze. Non eventful, they ignored him. UNTIL…..I turned Rose loose and went to catch him. Of course Rose wanted to know what I was doing and where I was going. So now as I approach him, it is with my evil twin in tow. He trotted down the ditch and up into the back yard. Everyone followed. I got back there with my camera and started taking pics and filming. He got trapped between the two ho’s and eventually got free, they followed him, I followed them. Once in the front yard he and Spirit were greeting one another. I got close and they took off. Like a bat out of hell. Instantly thick as thieves. From there my concern grew, as now that there is a party, Snook and Rose want to join in. Where ya’ll going. Next thing I know, Cha’cote is in front and the mob is following him. I say follow as they did not appear to have their usual chase scene look in their eyes. But he didn’t know the difference and was rippin n burning to get away. For all I know, he was just having fun, but I couldn’t see joy in his eyes. Not that my blind old lady eyes can follow that fast. Any ways, I had his corral open, thinking he could escape in there. Three laps he passed it by, and the last time, Rose Snookie and Spirit went in instead. So….why look a gift horse in the mouth? I shut the gate and made my way to catch him. It took some convincing, but I didn’t have to chase him to catch him. Yeah! I then let Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys out while I played with him. Oddly, they left us alone and I didn’t get to prove to him that I would protect him. HMMM how interesting. Could it be that they KNOW I am the herd leader and didn’t challenge me and my goings on?? I have no idea!
We basically covered things that we have been playing with and only added CANTERING to our now 28 L2 tasks being played in out of 35, 12 of which we have completed. We also have completed 4 of 7 L2 patterns. Nonetheless, we have now finally officially moved into L3 online. Be it, just the fringe of it. But we are playing in 8 of 36 L3 tasks and have officially completed the last task of L1. So back to cantering. We got up to a half a circle each way, not to bad. Honestly, I don’t think it would be long, and we could tape a OLL3 audition. Though I don’t want to get cocky, that’s when it all goes to hell in a hand basket and fast! So that was our weekend. How was yours?
Savvy On
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!