"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Saturday, February 6, 2010

RBI's Rock ~Week 5~ 2/6/10

7 days after his first mosey, he is an ablsolute dream. I remember, back when I was around 11-12yrs old, taking lessons at this big barn, there was a girl who had a flaxen chestnut QH. I was so in love with that horse. From that day on I wanted a horse with a flaxen mane. I almost bleached Snookies one time when I was real young, but I didn't. That was so long ago, I had forgotten it was a dream of mine as a child. Now that dream has come true along with the one of owning a wild mustang. I always thought, since having Rose, that my favorite horsenality was LBE.....let me just say that RBI's are running a close second now. He is so easy, light and low key. Sure, there is a wild horse just under the surface, but my God, I can't believe how well this is going. That first week that I spent with him, before bringing him home, I thought it was going to be very difficult. And at first it was. He was a hard nut to crack, but now that I got to the goodness in the center, I am in heaven. Having done the L1 basics and all the seven games in the corral before bringing him out, I think really helped. Today he learned 3patterns and 2 tasks, not to mention, I also dropped the rope numerous times, and walked into the garage. We even did a minute of liberty and I finally had the guts to pick up his back feet. All of that today. That is 8 new things.....EIGHT! I swear, I remember how hard it was to learn this stuff the first time around with Snookie. And how it was easier but still really hard to teach to Tiger Lily. It took ME 6+ mos to get the sideways game down. Hell, maybe even longer. By the time I got to Rose and Jeuli, it was getting much easier as I had by then taught the seven games to all the horses at a TB breeding farm. That is where I perfected my manners program. A condensed version of the games, to get unruley TB's to lead and behave in less than an hour. That's all the time my boss gave me for my "Natural Crap". Miyagi was little to no skin off my back, but this little mustang really takes the cake. I think it beats my dream of going to the Olympics. I have gotten alot of kudo's over the last 6 weeks for taking on such an old mustang. Had he still been at the BLM, he would probably be in Canada at a feedlot headed to slaughter, as the 10+yo, are considered unadoptable and go for special "authority sale". Basically, the "adopter" can buy the horse direct, and bypass the 1yr foster period before the sale becomes final. In other words, he would be in your beloved dog Mitzy's bowl by now. Any horse passed over at an adoption 3 times or over 10yo becomes "authority sale" eligible.
I don't think I will EVER get any breed of horse every again that isn't a Mustang! Check out today's video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!