"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Saturday, November 7, 2009

Houdini Who!

Well we have been having a blast with these little ladies. After a week in the pony palace, Ochi decided she wanted to be with the big horses and kept escaping! I came out one morning and she was gone. I look over and see Snookie, Rose and Spirit in a huddle, staring toward the corner. They couldn't decide if she was boogie mans minion or a very ugly dog, and were all frozen with fear. I put her back and a few hours later she was out again. I put the big horses in the front and turned Miyagi out there too for the day and put them back that night. Come out the next morning to find Miyagi alone again and Ochi standing under Rose's nose. I gave up putting her back and tore the whole thing down. Of course Spirit and Miyagi went at like old rivals fighting over some unclaimed country. Over the next week, there were some skirmishes at feeding time, but over all things were going well. Then last weekend some one kicked the crud out of Snookie and cut 3 of her legs. Poor old lady. I ran out of bandages quickly. She is OK but still healing. I noticed that both Miyagi's and Ochi's back toes were quite sharp. oh dear! I wasn't quite ready to deal with hoof trimming these ladies. Miyagi first. With the help of Kandi holding the lead, I was actually able to use the grinder on Miyagi. Whew...that's a long way down to the ground, and the grinder sure makes fast work of a hard job. Ochi on the other hand has demonstrated that she is truly an LBI except with those feet. Man alive can she kick. It was lightning fast. definitely an RBI response. With alot of savvy approach and retreat, I was able to file them the old fashioned way. Oddly she had no problem with me holding her leg with a rope, but if I put my hand down there.....SHAZAM! It took a little while, but eventually she was confident enough to let me do my job. We also had a terrible storm a few weeks ago. I got them each a blanket. I started with Ochi as her blanket required a bit of adjustment. When I put her back in, I wish I had a video cam with me. Miyagi freaked out at the sight of her. She ran around like an idiot, snorting and tail high. Ochi quickly discovered that she could now chase her cranky grandmother around and proceeded to do it for a full 2 minutes. Then she rolled 20 or so times to try to rid herself of the beast. I took Miyagi out to put hers on, and she was not so agreeable. She decided there was no way in hell I was getting the thing that ate Ochi anywhere near her. But alas, she was no match for my savvy, and went back in prepared for the storm. They were just adorable in their little blankies!I know that I just don't have the time everyone needs to keep them both, and since Ochi is younger, cuter, and more easy going...I have decided it will be easier to re-home her instead of Miyagi. She is as sweet as they come and reminds me alot of Tiger Lily. She has no fear of the biggies, and has even been shown to pin an ear or two at them, though she moves quickly out of their way.I have been working with Miyagi and come to the conclusion, after alot of head scratching that she is an RBE/LBE, albeit a calm one. I can at least catch her now with out alot of effort on my part. Definitely have to use the catching game strategy though. She is a smart cookie! You can read about her on-line progress in the On-Line category of the blog as it applies to my L2 audition.
Savvy On
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!