"A horse is like a mirror, and it's reflecting what and who you are."


This is just a little diary of my horse life. I teach natural horsemanship and dressage. I am currently working on getting back to L4 Parelli after a car accident and surgery.


I suffered from a fear of failure, as things had not gone according to planned after my time off from my injuries. It had been an paralyzing disability (fear) but my healing is coming along nicely, and I hope to pass my level 4 before the end of 2011.


I don't know where I am going, but I am NOT lost!


I am now reviewing dvd's and books, and blogging my reviews. The link on the left in the categories (DVD Clinician Reviews)will take you straight to it. You will find links to the websites of all dvd clinicians I review and they are located on the left hand side bottom of page of the page. None of the clinicians or trainers I am reviewing, sponsor, endorse or authorize this site. For more info about them please click on thier link.

I hope you enjoy!

Savvy On,
Michelle


I will be giving Savvy Star Ratings based soley on my opinion of it's value to a parelli student as such


***** Must own

**** Must watch

*** Worth watching, but you won't die without it

** Eh' take it with a grain of salt, you will have to filter alot

* OK, but there is better stuff out there to spend your time and money on

0 stars....skip it, it just isn't worth your time.




Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why does life have to get in the way

Well, I have done NOTHING for two weeks and I am just peeved. I took a week off work to stay home and work on the house. Little did I know that it was ALL I was going to do. My cement floors look great! We stained them. They are fabulous. But my horses?….nothing! I will have to say that Snookie is looking fabulous from her weight gain program. Rose on the other hand came up with an abscess in her front right foot a week ago and was in agony. I soaked it, put a poultice on and wrapped it every day for the last 5 days. She wouldn’t even put a teeny bit of weight on it. No swelling, heat or a mark on her leg. I got some bute for her though. I couldn’t stand to see her in pain like that. She still managed to kick Spirit’s butt. I think that being able to walk on it a little helped with the congestion in her tendons. They were tight. It is a side effect of not walking on the foot. This morning she was trotting around and had not had bute for 2 days. I am so happy it was nothing major or life threatening. I have to say, I am happy to have the knowledge that I do from my previous experiences. To know when to call the vet and when not to. When to have them out and when not to. Three vets agreed that it sounded like an abscess and to give it a few days with soaking/poulticing before someone needed to come out. It only cost me $32 for two tubes of bute, and I didn’t even use half of one. But now I own a soaking boot and have bute on hand. I plan on getting back to it tonight with Snookie. Time change will be coming soon, and before I know it, it will be getting dark before I get home from work. I know I have to tape my L2 freestyle before that happens. I think I need to watch a video or two as well. So back to the blogging to keep me on my game before I lose sight of it all.
Savvy On
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I am not perfect.....so be nice!